Designation: T10BM-1 (Su-27BM)
Type: 1st prototype
Year: 2007 (first flight 02.2008)
Bort number: 901
- Prototype of intermediate fighter of so called 4++ generation, to fill a gap between Su-27SM and expected in year 2010 aircrafts of 5th generation.
- Experimental Su-35, completed in summer 2007 at Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aviation Production Association (KnAAPO), for the first time was showed at MAKS-2007 air show. A name Su-35 was used once again, first time in 90's for T10M project (Su-27M).
- Improved airframe, aerodynamically similar to the Su-27, without canard foreplanes and upper brake flap, with reinforced chassis. Electronic integrated control system developed by MNPK "Avionika" = "AVIONICA" Moscow Research and Production Complex (MRPC) Joint stock company (JSC)
- New engine 117S developed by NPO "Saturn" Research and Production Association (city of Rybinsk, formed in 2001 from OAO "Rybinskiye Motory" and OAO "A. Lyulka-Saturn"), upgraded of AL-31F, with TVC nozzle. Engines are co-produced by Ufa-based Motor Building Association (UMPO) and NPO Saturn. Prototype flies with 117S engines in first half of the year 2008. Since 03.2004 first produced engine was tested on old prototype of Su-27M (T10M-10 with bort numer 710).
- Full "glass" cockpit with two full-color multi-function liquid crystal displays of MFI type, with measure 9 x 12 inches (diagonal 15 inches) and a resolution of 1400x1050 pixels. HOTAS concept applied. Avionics developed by Instrument Design Bureau of Ramenskoye (RPKB) and affiliated companies of Technocomplex Research and Production Association.
- New X-waveband radar N035 Irbis (Irbis-E for export) with a passive phased antenna array developed since 2004 by NIIP named after V.Tikhomirov = Scientific-Research Institute of Instrument Production. Since summer 2005 radar was tested on prototype Su-30MKK/MK2 with bort numer 503.
- Irbis-E was tested on Su-30MKK2 flying laboratory in early 2007 at Flight Research Institute named after M.M.Gromov (LII) in Zhukovskiy.
- Optronic targeting pod Sapsan-E (produced by UOMZ from Yekatyerinburg [Ekaterinburg] = Ural Optical & Mechanical Plant), since 2007 tested on prototype Su-30MKI/MKM bort number 04.
- First flight: 19th February 2008, pilot Sergei Bogdan; 8th July 2008 presented to Russian Air Forces commanders and officials, at the end of first stage of tests.
- Serial production expected in 2010.
- 2008: offered to China, Syria, Iran, Venezuela, Libia (S-300, Tor, Buk, MiG-29, Su-30, Mi-17, Mi-35, Ka-52; 04.2008 Putin visits Tripoli), Brasilia, Indonesia.
2007: Sukhoi's Design Bureau official vision of future Su-35.
Experimental Su-35-1 - 1st prototype of Sukhoi Su-27M2 (Su-35), 08.2007, MAKS-2007.
Spring 2008: model of future Su-35 presented at chilean FIDAE 2008 by United Aircraft Corporation (UAC).
Designation: T10BM-2 (Su-27BM or Su-35)
Type: 2nd prototype
Year: 2008 (first flight 10.2008)
Bort number: 902
Su-35-2 - 2nd prototype of Sukhoi Su-27M2 (Su-35), 10.2008. New stunning camouflage scheme, also underside!