Data updated January 2018
Al Jumhuriyyah al Jaza'iriyyah ad Dimuqratiyyah ash Sha'biyyah = People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
58 Sukhoi Su-30MKA (MK4) in service since 12.2007
Manufacturer: IAPO (Irkutsk Aircraft Production Association); IAZ (Irkutsk Aircraft Factory)
Contract / deliveries:
28 x Su-30MKA - contract Jan.2016 (deliveries Dec.2007 - Nov.2009)
16 x Su-30MKA - contact Mar.2010 (deliveries 2011 - 2012)
14 x Su-30MKA - contract Apr.2016 (deliveries Dec.2016 - 2017)
Total: 58 Su-30MKA
Units (Escadron de Chasse, 14 aircrafts each), Al Quwwat al Jawwija al Jaza'iriyyah (QJJ) = Algerian Air Force (AAF):
121ème EdC @ Oum El Bouaghi) since 2007
122ème EdC @ Ouargla since 2007
123ème EdC @ Tamanrasset) since 2011
124ème EdC @ Reggane since 2016/2017
Known aircraft numbers:
- KF-12 (4101)
- KF-18 [two-tone camouflage]
- KF-22 (4104) [two-tone camouflage]
- KF-24 (4105) [two-tone camouflage]
- KF-26 [two-tone camouflage]
- KF-48 (4203)
- KF-49 (4510)
- KF-56 (4206)
- KF-94 (4307)
- Algerian Su-30MKA are generally based on Indian Su-30MKI (not Malaysian Su-30MKM!), but don't have Israelian avionics, replaced by Russian and French (Thales, Damocles, Navflir). They have a thrust vectoring engines Saturn AL-31FP.
- Since end of the year 2007 Algeria has one air-tanker Ilyushin IL-78 (7T-WIS) used to air-refueling (357e Escadron de Revitaillement en Vol, 7e Escadre de Transport Tactique et de Revitaillement en Vol @ Boufarik).
In May 2010 two squadrons were fully operational, including in-flight refueling. All aircrafts (except four) have overall grey painting. Four-digit numbers on tail fins are probably assigned to squadrons.
May 2010, Su-30MKA KF-24 is a one of four aircrafts in two-tone camouflage (KF-18, 22, 24, 26).
Some people believe that's a reconnaissance and electronic warfare aircrafts and call it Su-30MKA(R) or Su-30MKR, but it's a firsts aircrafts delivered to Algeria and probably that's why have different colours.
© 2008-2018 Mariusz Wojciechowski, Słupsk (Poland)